Visiting Canada - flight advice

I will probably be visiting Canada the end of the month .
I am going to visit someone in Waterloo and imagine I would be landing at Toronto . It will be for two weeks - leaving from Auckland New Zealand .
I'm not much of a traveler so was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the best deal on a flight ? I know there are many sites out there but is there a quick and easy way besides browsing all of them ?
I want to leave somewhere in the last week of May for two weeks

Real Name
Paul
Desmond, they're both correct, sort of. 1702 is the price BEFORE taxes and numerous fees. 2359 is the price to get on the airplane.

Real Name
Paul
The prices for Webjet return are about 2560 NZ. That converts, on xe.com, to about 2000 CA. That's definitely a better deal. Do you know what airline it would be on?

Thanks for all the advice guys ! I have just booked my two week trip to Canada :)
I think the scenery will be worthwhile :)
Picture014cv.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've booked it all - since I have to stop at LA airport along the way I had to fill in an ESTA application and was surprised it was approved ! I thought they may do a background check on smoke bombs or something .
It had a very long reference number - I'm wondering if I need to carry that on me or if all the details are automatically recorded and I don't have to worry ?

Real Name
Paul
Carry everything; forget nothing! You may not need it if you don't have to clear customs to transfer to another plane but if they want proof and you don't have it with you...

Carry everything; forget nothing! You may not need it if you don't have to clear customs to transfer to another plane but if they want proof and you don't have it with you...

also check out seatguru, you've got some long flights, and they'll tell you the best seats for your flight(s), from room, no room, power outlet, etc.

Thanks for the advice - lots of stuff to remember :)
I will be printing everything out and carrying it with me all the time - hopefully .

Desmond - How many hours is this travel going to take you start to finish? That has to be one long plane ride.

Quantas = YES, Air Canada aka Air Caca = NO! LOL Des, send me your itinerary and we'll make sure you get from the airport to downtown Toronto to catch your next transportation mode to Waterloo, or is the lovely lady picking you up at the airport?

You're coming at a fabulous time of year for Toronto, Waterloo and regions. Spring in full force and entering into our summer season. The long range forecast for Canada is a 'blistering' summer so it's a good thing you're not coming in July or August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desmond - How many hours is this travel going to take you start to finish? That has to be one long plane ride.

I think it is 18 hours flying in total :smile:
About 22 hours total travel time , 3 1/2 hours in LA , might be meeting up with a cafe member there :smile:

Quantas = YES, Air Canada aka Air Caca = NO! LOL Des, send me your itinerary and we'll make sure you get from the airport to downtown Toronto to catch your next transportation mode to Waterloo, or is the lovely lady picking you up at the airport?

You're coming at a fabulous time of year for Toronto, Waterloo and regions. Spring in full force and entering into our summer season. The long range forecast for Canada is a 'blistering' summer so it's a good thing you're not coming in July or August.

Thanks , the lady will be waiting there for me - she said there is no way she will let me take a bus to meet her :wink:

Have a nice time.. I live about 30 minutes from Waterloo. :)

Have a great time, Desmond!!

Thanks , maybe I get to see some of you sometime - all going well I might be moving to Waterloo in July :cool:

Latest threads

Top Bottom