Visiting Day

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Finally had visiting day at my daughter's camp. She's been away for over 3 weeks now and is sorely missed.

Reunion joy!
    338262259_PN49f-L.jpg

Samantha was thrilled to see her big sister.
    336011351_R57ed-L.jpg

336010583_dco2w-L.jpg

Camp spirit at f1.6 with blue and white braces.
    338262722_9DTpU-XL.jpg

Showing off on the court.
    336010239_JHXHx-XL.jpg

The camp photographer took this with my camera. She shoots a D200. I had a hard time getting my D2x with the 85mm, f1.4 back from her!:wink:
    338262727_pxAn9-XL.jpg

2. glad that you shared VISIT DAY with us
    great shots
    love the last one, the best

3. Great set Mitch. It's the 3rd year you shown us photos of visiting days. Time flies, and kids grow fast. :smile:

4. Thanks for looking. It was a great day for everyone.

5. Inluvwtheh8r

Inluvwtheh8r Guest

I love the last one..definitaly a framer!

6. Beautiful smiles on everyone. Thanks for sharing that with us!

7. How fun for your daughter to have the family come to camp for a visit. Cute pictures Mitch and everyone looks so happy.

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice series Mitchell. The one of your two girls is really super.

Must be hard having her gone for so long. I don't know if I could handle 3 weeks without my little girl....:frown:

9. Fred, she goes to camp for 7 weeks!:eek: Visiting day is the mid-point of the camp. It is tough having her gone for 7 weeks. We miss her terribly, but she is having an awesome time. This is her third summer there.

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I'm sure it's hard, but no doubt very good for her on many levels.

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I just don't think I could handle my kids being away for that long. Of course, you still have Samantha at home...what age will she start going?

My favorite shot is the one of Stephanie and Samantha together. You can just tell they have a special bond.

As always, it's a joy to see your family photos.

12. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    I am in agreement...great shots, but I too don't think that I could stand to be away from my kids for that long. I am sure that the benefits outweigh the burden, but it would be a big adjustment (as I am sure it is for you). Your family shots always look so great. You have such a happy looking family.

13. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are wonderful images Mitch. Looks like everyone is enjoying the day for sure. Especially Samantha.

14. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Great shots Mitch and what a wonderful family you have. When my kids used to go to the Citadel for summer camp when they were younger, they would write maybe two sentences on a post card that they must have been forced to write. That 3rd week is a toughy for parents. My wife and I were able to maintain our control. One parent actually ran up to her son and kissed him as his platoon was marching across the parade grounds. All the parents understood I'm sure but that boy must have been so embarrassed.

15. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Sooo cute and how sad for the little one to miss her big sis. Adorable.

16. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful Smiles!

17. Gandalf

Gandalf

Nov 15, 2006
    Arkansas
    Great shots! #2 really made me smile!