Visiting the Hanging Tree

I PM'd Gary last night, and he was kind enough to carry me to some of his prime shooting locations this morning. All around Lake Guntersville, but I hadn't been to any of them previously. I saw several species that I had never seen there, and while the birds did their best to stay out away from us, it was great to get out and shoot again after a 6-week layoff.

None of these is great, but I decided to post them anyhow, just to get back into the action. All taken with the D2Hs / 400 2.8, all but the Dove with the 1.7 TC.

We saw one or both of a pair of Osprey several times, but this is the only time they came by us, and even then, this one was about 100 yds out. Not too sharp, but it proves we did see them. :rolleyes:
151993470-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I saw my first Eastern Kingbird today. It was in heavy shadow, and this shot was taken at ISO 1250. Some noise, but I was happy to get a shot.
151993407-O.jpg

And finally, a Mourning Dove that flew by as we were searching for Osprey. It favored me with a nice turn into the sun.
151993421-O.jpg

Thanks for looking. :smile:

Glad to see you got out today! I almost made it but got called in to work this afternoon for about five hours. These all look pretty good to me! A dove in flight? :Shocked:

Nice way to shake off the rust. That dove shot is special - not an easy bird to catch in flight, especially in the middle of a turn.

It's still legal to hang 'em from a tree in Alleebamee, Frank? *-) Good to see you shooting and posting again. Nice job. I'm having a small problem grasping the concept of that100 yard thing. That's a football field in length...right? Why would you stand sooooo far away from an osprey to take it's picture? <runs 'n' hides> :)

Flew, sometimes you are just too modest! These photos are absolutely gorgeous! I'd be proud of any one of them hanging on my wall! Oh, what was the outcome of your camera and lens that ended up damaged/broken while you were down in FL?

Latest threads

Top Bottom