Visitors

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Still from Close Encounters, right? :Wink:

2. mysticknot

mysticknot Guest

Twilight Zone, maybe? X-FILES!!! Nice.

3. The only close encounter here is keeping my dog from licking you to death! One thing you have right is it's the third image of a triptych!

H-m-m, just taking the prosaic and making something more out of it.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh man! The one thing I really fear is death by dog tongue! The shadowed people and the intense light coming from the bottom of the window puts me out of this world on this. The kid just seems to be staring at the window (thinking "ice cream..."), the dog is real nervous (lets pretend for a minute that you, the photographer aren't there pointing a camera at him), and what is the woman doing at the mantle? Is it a shrine, ... or a little mountain made out of melted wax?

Huh? :Crunk:

5. What a cool shot, Ray. The first thing I thought of was some of the work by Duane Michaels.

Chris is right. There is something really creepy about the light at the bottom of the door/window....

6. love the comments above
    cool shot, no doubt

7. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Very cool indeed. Ray, you have a great eye.

8. yaacovk

yaacovk Guest

I loved the light, the shadow, the atmosphere.
    would you like to tell us some technical details?

Yaacov.

9. Yeah, you really have to watch out for those pit bull mixes - actually the friendliest dog going. He puts up with a lot of canine abuse from my grandson! One thing I'm doing lately is relaxing and letting the light do its own magic. The dog's not nervous just excited about company! Actually that's my daughter checking her mail!

Thanks Rick. Michaels huh, that's some pretty rarified company - and thanks for mentioning him as I haven't looked at his stuff for a while and he is one of my favorite photographers. Like I said to Chris I've been going with the flow lately and letting the light determine how the image turns out!

Yeah, I knew my daughter was on her way over and just waited for the arrival.

Thanks Mike!

Thanks Yaacov. Details, nothing special, just Kodak B&W 400CN film shot with a little Canon QL GIII fixed lens rangefinder!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, Duane Michaels has a big influence on my work!

11. I dunno Chris, your new avatar is cracking me up. You are beginning to look like one of those medieval alchemists! Turned any lead into gold lately?:biggrin:

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  13. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    He's probably turning wine into vinegar:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It never stays around long enough for that!

15. Sounds like sour grapes to me! Don't we all wish that we could make our own gold!

16. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Good, don't want to waste the stuff!

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And we CAN all make our own wine!

18. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Making wine is certainly more fun than making gold. You can't drink gold:frown:

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And it's more economical too! It costs about 100 billion dollars for a dollars worth of synthetic gold. It's two bucks for a 357mL bottle of Raisinette, which I sell for eight dollars. You do the math.