Vista + LR + Printer?

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Minuteman3, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Greetings all!!

Have had some major issues trying to get my HP3210 to printer properly with LR. Have found an interim solution.

I have been thinking of upgrading this printer for some time now and was wondering if anyone had any experience using Vista with LR and an Epson R1800 printer. Good results? Are their other printers that are known to work well with a Vista/LR combo?

Thanks in advance!!

2. general

Apr 30, 2005

I have not used Lightroom for printing but once but I print routinely from a Vista Ultimate - Photoshop CS3- to an Epson 2200, an Epson 3800, and an HP 4000 laserjet.
  3. I use Vista and an R180 but not Lightroom. I wouldn't it would be different than using PS.
  4. Thanks, but it appears to be really different!! Vista+PSE (I don't have the full PS) works great. See this thread:

I have no problem with either PSE or Windows direct printing. But LR really does poorly at this point. Adobe's suggestion (other than always printing in draft mode) was to get a printer that had profiles and then use one of those for color balance. Apparently neither my HP 3210 or my Dell color laser have profiles.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017