Vista Photo Gallery - NCRawCodec stopped working!

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by moffo, May 14, 2007.

1. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I've had great luck with the Windows Photo Gallery under Vista displaying the RAW images from my D200 for a couple of months now. All of a sudden yesterday, when I inserted the CF card to download images, the application opened, and I got a popup staing the 'updates are available to Windows Photo Gallery, and when I accepted the update, got taken to Nikon's site to download NcRawCodec101v (which I installed a long time ago.) I re-downloaded it and have tried everything I can think of including uninstalling/reinstalling -- heck, I even did a system rollback to a week ago, when I know I didn't have the problem. No joy -- I can't see thumbnails of RAW images anymore. Anybody elase seen this?

2. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Oh well, if nobody else has seen this, I guess I'm off to reinstall Vista...

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Mine did the same thing! :eek: But I'm holding off doing a complete re-install. I'm waiting on a responce from Microsoft on this issue.

- Jay

4. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Please keep me posted -- I tried for MS support, but was outside the 90 day window for free support. Pay me to be an early adopter, huh?

5. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
  6. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    The fact that it's not just me has convinced me that a fresh reinstall of Vista isn't warranted. (That means that the 500 GB external drive I bought for backup is free for other uses...)

7. jaymc

jaymc Guest

8. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Dang. :( I'll keep an eye out for anything else....

9. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Found this on dpreview so I went and installed it again ... and it works! If it was a certificate problem, wonder why Vista doesn't tell you that?

- Jay

10. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    What...you want a USEFUL error message? LOL!

11. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    Works for me now, too!