Vivitar 35-105 f3.5 Ai Close Focus

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Coresounder, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Just got this lens and decided to do a little review for those who may find it useful. I purchased the lens from KEH as in Excellent condition. I would say
    it's in near mint condition, thank you KEH!
    It is a three ring model. The front for focus (and it is silky smooth), the middle
    for "Close Focus" and the rear for zoom. This lens is made by Tokina (serial # starts with 37) and I noticed some similarities of the mechanics with Tokinas much newer 12-24 f4.

My first impression was "this is an impressive lens". It's made out of steel and about as heavy as a 28-70 2.8. It's got a 72mm chunk of glass that is pristine.

Here is a picture I took with my P&S of the Vivitar lens mounted on the D200.

[​IMG]

Here are a few quick shots I grabbed just testing the lens.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really think this lens will get used a lot. If you can find one for a good price, you may want to grab it quick. I'll see if I can get some more images up soon.
    I can't get enough of this lens! Can't wait until tomorrow!
    Oh, by the way, all the images above are crops. The lens isn't really macro, just close range focus...which can be handy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2007
  2. Looks like you did indeed find a gem. Great sharp shots. Enjoy!

3. Carlton I have 35-70/2.8-3.8 made by Komine, which I find very good and so also the 70-150/3.8 CF

4. Carlton,
    is that someone making a piñata?

5. Thanks, Brian
    I am enjoying! Can't seem to get enough of it!

6. CC,
    Very nice old lenses! They are just fun to shoot with!

7. Paper Mache on a balloon.