VOB File Conversion?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nuccifamily, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Do any of you techno-files know of a free or cheap software package to convert a .vob file to a format (.avi, .mov, .mpg, etc.) that I can manipulate in Ulead Video? I am creating a video and have some DVDs that parents have given me, but they are in .vob format and I can not convert. Recommendations? Thoughts? Websites that might help?

2. Anthony,

I remember reading somewhere that you can rename a vob file as an mpg and the only thing that is lost are text and subtitles - it remains a valid sound file since it uses the same compression as mpg. Not sure if that helps, but...

Sean

3. I use DIVX Converter Pro 6.21 to convert mine. You can set the compression, file size etc. I convert all my movies to 700MB AVI files to play on the laptop when I'm up at the lake. Good quality product, simple user interface.

4. Sorry, I never did see these responses. Thanks to both of you. LBM - I tried this based on something I read on another forum. But, it didn't work. TOLady - Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up purchasing something else that did the job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.