Voice recording on a 1st gen Ipod nano

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Dunnart, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hi folks

My partner is looking for a plug in recorded for her first generation ipod nano so she can record lectures and sound for her movie making.

There seems to be plenty of devices on the market for 2nd generation nano's and above, but none for first gen nanos.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks

2. I don't think she'll find anything available for the first-gen Nano; might better bite the bullet and get one of the current ones so that she can then buy whatever accessories she needs.

3. Hi Connie

I think you may be right. I've done some searching for 1st gen equipment and there doesn't seem to be any.

This is where I find Apple a little frustrating. They make some great gear, but they just don't quite cover all the bases I'm looking for and most other brand gear really only seems to integrate with Windows OS.

Oh well, there are more important things in life to get worried about I suppose.

4. Hi Connie

Well, we followed your advice and we have ordered an 80GB refurb ipod classic from Apple Australia. We saved nearly $100 and it should turn up by the end of the week.

I looked seriously at an ipod touch, but we don't need all the internet stuff and the memory capacity is much better in the classic.

Thanks for your advice

5. Great! Enjoy the new iPod Classic and I hope it will do all that you need, including the recording!

6. Thanks Connie, I'm sure we'll put it to good use :)