1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Voigtlander Bessa II

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by stealthman_1, Aug 10, 2009.

1. This camera shoots pretty well, it's very quiet also, but gets a bit soft towards the edges in shots which looks to me like a film flatness issue. I haven't really looked into it much. These are all on Ilford PanF, which is the film I usually shoot in my GW-690 as well. I just got a yellow and red Kodak Series VI filter set for it, so I'm looking forward to using those...
    Bodie Gas Station
    3806270247_8285dde526_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bodie Junk Yard
    3807087924_46f7c86692_o.jpg

The Bodie Car
    3807088174_9e317b3fb7_o.jpg

Buffalo and Grand Teton Range
    3806268857_bc5f783691_o.jpg

Grand Teton Range from East Benches
    3807087218_35a3f9b98f_o.jpg

2. Timeless images. Looks real good from here.

3. Nice shots. Looks like somebody drove that Bodie car into the ground, literally.

4. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Beautiful!

5. Nice images. I like them!

6. Thanks all...I'm finally getting the last of my images scanned from my Memorial Day vacation...thank God! I notice in these that none of them seen to have a flatness issue except for the last one on the left hand side and that's no where near as pronounced as some I've seem. Seems my winding technique is probably in need of some deeper recognition of the film advance process in these folding cameras. On flickr, someone asked if I'd used a red filter...I did not, the Bodie shots were just a lucky morning with great sky. I did use the ND filter option in LR on the two Teton pics as the 2nd to the last was shot near dusk with the sun behind the mountains and the other shot after noon, which was when the good clouds would start rolling in when I was there.

7. Very nice, I specially like Grand Teton Range and the Bodie car!

8. Nice ones Tim! The Bodie car looks like it's nesting...are there little car eggs underneath? lol

9. That's funny!:tongue: I had never looked at it that way...and now I'll never be able to look at it any other way!:biggrin: I'll be up there bright and early Thursday morning. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.