1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Vote here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firelarz, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    I would like your opinion. These are for business cards. I think I am going to just put my name on the front and on the back have the rest of the information. Which text do you like, #1 or #2?
    Any other feedback is welcome also.

Thanks Larz

80957714.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 102068

2. #1 seems to convey a bit more formality with the script you chose. I think that's a good thing with wedding photography. Just my opinion...I could be wrong.

3. Jaws

Jaws

Mar 27, 2007
    Columbia, MD
    #1 looks a lot better for the wedding photo you chose.

4. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
  5. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

your name needs to be larger.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm with Mike on this one Larz. The card is about you, not some kissing couple. Feature you name. Remember the picture is gonna be tiny on the card.

7. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    #1 much cleaner and Pro looking

8. If you are going to print on the back why not just put your name on the back? You really need to adjust the levels on that shot... it's pretty dark. The font on the first shot is my pick.

9. I like #1 a lot Larz, very classy but not overdone.

10. Not to put a chill on some kind of love fest, but since you asked I'll toss out a few comments which are, unfortunately, a bit negative.

First, do you have explicit, written, permission of the couple to publish their image for commercial use? That's important.

Although there's nothing wrong with a photo on the business card, you've selected one that has had some obvious post processing, but really doesn't demonstrate a high level of skill in that area. The vignetting is a bit harsh and you've retained a number of distracting elements in the photo. You really should do something about the yellow light in the upper right, and work on toning down the distracting candles, drink glass, and flowers in the background. Remove or at least blur these elements. In other words, if you're going to show off your photographic skills, make sure you're going to really impress not just the mother-in-law, but also those who pay attention to such details. You card should leave the impression, "Gee........this guy is really good. I think I'll hire (recommend) him."

As for the text, simple is almost always better. Try a version with increased spacing between the individual letters. That often adds a more professional flair and I think you should make it larger.:smile:

11. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

I thought that if you really want to stick with having a photo on the front then you should give it a slight graphic touch. I seem to recall this is a family photo that you've used, so its still an idea to get permission. I tend not to do Business Cards with images on these days as it tends to date the card and makes it look slightly cliche in a modern world. I've drafted up a rough idea given your image, I hope you like it.

VisualMockUp.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jason

12. Jason

You just "knocked my socks off"! You obviously are very skilled in your profession! Thanks for taking the time to show us this impressive suggestion.

13. I'm with Jason on this. The first two fonts weren't 'business' enough for my tastes. They needed to be simpler and stronger. Jason's simple graphic layout has greatly enhanced the effectiveness of this as a business card.

Well done, Jason!

14. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Jason,

That is as good as it gets!! The card really "POPS!!"

15. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Bob, thanks that was what I was looking for, an honest opinion.

16. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Woody, do you think everything should be on the back? I was unsure. Did you look at what Jason did to the image? Is that how light you think it should be?

Thanks for your input. Larz

17. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Jason, wow! I like it alot. Do you think I should then put the other contact info on the back?

Here is a link to the other post with all the info on it. Keep sending your input. I like them alot!
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=119133&page=4

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  18. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Hi Bob, yes I do have permission. It is my son and daughter in law. They said they would gladly sign a release as soon as I get them one.

19. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

great layout Jason, as always.

20. Jason's design is brilliant. Put everything else on the back and call it a day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.