Voting on photos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by willg, Aug 19, 2008.

1. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm curious on everyone's take on this. Someone e-mails/calls you and asks you to vote on a photo that they submitted in a contest. When you check out the all the photos of the entrants, including the person who asked you, you feel their photo is not near the best. Do you still vote for theirs or do you vote for the one(s) you feel are really better?

2. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

depends if they can tell who i voted for and if they are a really good friend.

3. I vote for the photo I like.

Sean

4. I'm with Sean.

5. Whenever someone posts something like that, I don't vote. In fact, I don't even go look at the photos.

Not to be an *** or anything, but pandering for votes for your photo is just distasteful. C'mon, have a little pride in what you do. Let your photo stand on it's own merits, without padding the vote count with your friends helping out.

But that is just me. I have a problem with a lot of photo contests anyway..... :frown:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  6. Yeah, me too - if I vote.

Eric

7. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    That's the word i've been looking for........"distasteful". Thanks. Well to be perfectly honest I ended up voting for a different entry. It did sort of "**** me off" when I was asked. I feel better now. Thanks guys.

8. Whenever someone posts something like that, I don't vote. In fact, I don't even go look at the photos.

Not to be an *** or anything, but pandering for votes for your photo is just distasteful. C'mon, have a little pride in what you do. Let your photo stand on it's own merits, without padding the vote count by your friends.

But that is just me. I have a problem with most photo contests anyway..... :frown:

Oops, sorry about the double post. Maybe the mods can delete this?