1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

VR sounds different on 105 VR?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by davewolfs, Jun 18, 2007.

1. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Not sure if I am nuts or if the VR sounds significantly different on the 105VR vs the 18-200 VR.

I am finding that when VR is engaged or disengaged on this lens it sounds almost like a soft click, where as on the 18-200VR when VR is engaged it is a much more damp sound.

The box the lens came in was a little bit banged up (purchased from B&H) but the lens looks mint and the images so far are sharp and fantastic. VR just simply sounds complete different compared to my 18-200. Additionally, when moving the VR switch it almost sounds like a spring is being triggered inside, where as on the 18-200 none of this is heard. Perhaps some of you who own both of these lenses can share whether or not what I am describing sounds normal.

Dave

2. Hi Dave. I just checked my lenses. I couldn't find a difference in the VR engaged 'click', but there is a distinct spring-like sound when moving the switch on the 105.

I think as long as it's functioning okay, we shouldn't be too worried about it.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    hahahah you should hear an 80-400 VR, you want to hear some noise when it hunts on me..lolol

4. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    I guess VR just sounds different when engaged on different lenses. Has anyone here gotten lens boxes from B&H that did not look mint?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.