VW R32 Parkway Sunset : )

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Ppub101, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    My friend just got coilovers and new OZ wheels for his 2004 R32, so we went up to the parkway and I took some photos for him.

Benscar6.

Benscar4.

Benscar1.

Now, these 3 are HDR, my first attempts ever. I used photoshop CS2 to do it.

Benscar5.

Benscar3HDR.

Benscar2.

I would love to get some feedback, especially the HDR's I have no idea if anyone will like this style, but I think they look pretty good.

Thanks for your time!

Paul

2. Your friend must be happy.
    Great pic's!

3. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Another I liked, but I couldn't decide if I liked B n W or Color better

benscar10BnW.

Benscar10.

4. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Yea he seemed thrilled, so that made me happy.

Thanks for the kinds words!

5. 06FZ6

06FZ6

Dec 28, 2007
    Savannah, TX
    Your HDR images are great! Most automotive HDR I have ever seen were way overdone.

6. nice series, paul
    i know that your friend will be thrilled with these

well done

7. Globetrotter

Globetrotter

May 4, 2008
    SoCal
    I like the B/W pic myself. And I think the HDR pics came out great. They look really natural without being overdone.

8. I agree with the others. If you hadn't told me you used HDR, I would have never guessed looking at these. These are fantastic! I am usually a fan of color for car photos, but that B&W pic is really nice.

9. Shrek

Shrek

Jul 1, 2005
    Kansas City
    1 and 3 are my faves. #2 the angle is a bit much for my taste. #6 is a nice image but I think it would be better if the composition was different. Put the extra space in front of the car instead of having it behind the car.

The HDR images are definitely better than a lot of automotive HDR images I have seen.

I prefer the bw image over the color one you posted, but i think its because the wb is off a tad.

Your friend should be very happy to have photos this good of his car. Thanks for posting.

10. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Thank you, that was the goal, I get tired of seeing overdone HDR shots, I mean some are ok, but I think it shows a lack of knowledge.

Thank you very much, yea he seemed thrilled : )

Thank you, I also think the B/W version turned out nice.

Thank you, like i said that was the goal. Just wanted natural shots that were very hard to tell if they were a single exposure or not. I am sure I could have gotten the same look if I had lighting gear with me, but I do not. Yea, the B/N White turned out nice. Appreciate the kind words.

11. I like them, but I prefer to leave empty space in front of the car when I shoot rather than behind. Just my preference.

12. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Great, thank you for the cirtique. I do agree, # 2 is angled more than it should be. I took an image like this awhile ago that I felt looked nice, but I think I overdid it with this shot. That is a good idea about putting space in front of the car, I will try that next shoot I do, probably with my car.

Thanks again for the comments!

13. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Sounds good, I will try this out next shoot, thank you very much : )

14. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    That is one very sharp looking car and the photos are really nice. The only thing I'd personally prefer is less tilting. A little bit goes a long way.

15. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Yea, he has a beauty, you should ride in one..... Best exhaust note period!

I agree, I think I might have put too much of an angle, live and learn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.