1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wacom advice sought

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dkabat, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dkabat

dkabat

Aug 10, 2005
    Minden, Nevada
    Have pretty much decided on the Intuos 3, but would appreciate advice on the size to get - 4x6, 6x8 or 6x11. Am using 2 24" monitors.

Does aspect ratio of tablet vs. aspect ratio of screen make any difference?

Your input is apprectaed.

Dan

2. I would tend to go smaller, Dan. I have a couple of dual-monitor setups, and I map a small portion of the tablet surface to span the entirety of the real estate that's on the screens. It takes minimal hand movement to zoom around, and it saves space on your desk.

Sean

3. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    6 X 8

I decided the 6 X 8 was a good compromise. Glad I chose that one. I have a 22 inch and a 19 inch monitor.

4. They have a pretty good tool to answer this very question on Wacom.com
    It takes your purposes and equipment into consideration and then gives the best choices to you.
    I use the 6 x 11 with my 30" and 23" monitor set up. It works for me very well.
    Dave

5. dkabat

dkabat

Aug 10, 2005
    Minden, Nevada
    Thanks for all of your help - think I will go with the smallest one - from everything I have read it points to that choice for my uses.

Dan

6. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    I decided to get the new 12" Cintiq - and I'm really digging it!

-- Russ

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.