Wacom Intuos3

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Irenejoy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Have any of the members used the above gadget and if so have you found it useful in editing your photrographs?

2. I have been using an Intuos 2 (A4 oversized) at work since 2 years and the Intuos 3 6X8 at home since spring this year.
    I could not imagine doing without a tablet any more, because
    1) it was a relief for my marred neck and shoulder (due to mouse work on an ergonomically ill-designed home terminal)
    2) Drawing masks with a pen is so much easier, and much more precise than with the mouse (goes for any editing which includes pen strokes). If you know all the hot keys to toggle between the various tools and to change the brush size and edge softness, it is a real breeze to work with.

The pressure-sensitive tip requires getting used to but after some practice it is quite helpful, too.

The A4-oversized is much too big for my purpose but was the only one that was available at my office. The design of the Intuos 3 is really cool, and it is only half as high as the Intuos 2 (I may have a very old version :smile: of the Intuos 2). The Intuos 3 also has customizable touch pads for several hot keys, but I don't use them as I'm still more comfortable with using the keyboard for that.

Anyway, the tablet was one of my best investments.

Cheers

3. Irene, I have an Intuos 3 and use it all the time. Pen tablets require some getting used to initially, but for some PS work they are absolutley indispensible. If you want to do a precise work at the pixel level, you can't really do that easily with a mouse.

I wouldn't be without one!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera