Wacom question

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by MarieBoyer, May 10, 2007.

1. I have my mighty mouse programmed to open Safari (side buttons) and Mail (scroll button). Can you open applications with the Wacom mouse? If yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Yes you can. Just tried it . . . :wink: Just go to the System Preferences for Wacom.

3. Which mouse do you have? Looks like there are a couple different models. Does yours have extra buttons (eg, side buttons)?

If you don't have any luck with your Wacom mouse, you may want to consider a program like Quicksilver that performs many time saving functions, including launching programs with simple key combinations.

For example, I have mine setup so that when I type Ctrl-Space Bar, Quicksilver comes up. Then I just start typing the name of the application and press enter when I see it in the pop-up list.

4. I had done that, Jeff. Can you tell me how to do it there? I see where there are drop-downs but not sure I am making the connection. Thanks for any more help.

I have Quicksilver and love it. But I would like a one-button option for Mail and Safari. Thanks though.

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Go to the Wacom Tablet dialog under System Preferences. Highlight the Mouse option in the Tool section. Pick the button you want to assign the program to. Open the drop-down menu and select "Open/Run". Then browse for the application you want to run in the dialog box that pops up.

6. Awesome! Done! Thanks so much Jeff!!!!

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    You're welcome . . . and it's John . . . :biggrin:

8. Geez. I think I have always called you, Jeff! Sorry. I need more than a cup of coffee. I need to chew on some coffee grinds!

Thanks JOHN!