1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wacom tablet question: special application adjustments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BostonRott, Jul 1, 2008.

1. I have finally had a chance to sit and play with my Wacom tablet and LOVE it! It's just so wonderfully easy to use. :smile:

I'm wondering what people have mapped the function keys to in Photoshop. Presently, I just changed the L side keys (the two small ones) from their defaults to the left and right brackets (for changing brush sizes easily).

How do you have your function keys mapped for PS work?

ALso, am I correct in thinking that the drag strip is the zoom in/out (down/up) ?

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Congrats!

Glad you've finally taken that "first step" to using the tablet!

If mine doesn't sell, I'll have to clear off the desk and give it a try!

3. Oh you should, it's fantastic! :smile:

4. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Gretchen, I have mine set up as follows. On the left ExpressKeys: the tall vertical is shift, the top one to the right is ctrl, the bottom one to the right is alt, and the horizontal one at the bottom is the spacebar.

On the right ExpressKeys: the tall vertical is alt + ctrl + z (to undo), the top one to the left is ctrl + tab (so I can scroll through images if I have mutiple images open), the bottom one to the left is x (so I can switch foreground and background colors easily), and the bottom horizontal one is ctrl + h (to hide rulers, marching ants, etc.)

The left touch strip is set up with ] to increase brush size at the top and [ to decrease brush size at the bottom. The right touch strip is set up to auto scroll/zoom in on the image.

I've changed them around a lot and have settled on these as the most used and/or convenient to have at my fingertips. I love that you can set them up for individual programs and use them all the time now that I have gotten used to what's on what button.

5. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    Congratulations, Gretchen! Don't tablets ROCK?!! :866:

I'm glad you raised that question, because I haven't taken the time to map my keys either. It's nice to be reminded I can do that (when I get five minutes peace & quiet...).

6. chettrick

chettrick

Jun 12, 2008
    florida
    I picked up a couple of the cheap brand ones on woot a couple of weeks ago. They work great. 29 bucks each I think. Looking forward to getting into more uses with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.