Waikiki Rainbow Pano

This is a 6 frame pano I took in January at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki, Oahu. The mural is (or at least was, when built in 1968) the tallest rainbow mural in the world, 286 feet high and 26 feet wide, comprising of 8,046 pieces of hand-painted ceramic tiles.

I was fortunate to catch it together with a real rainbow.

D200, 18-200 VR.

Enjoy!

366741416_3QCU7-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That is awesome! Great composition and contrast!
Though I feel like you need to tone down on the bright sand in the bottom, it keeps drawing my eye away from the real subject.

B

Bright Angel

Damn fine shot Sir.
You've got massive amounts of noise and weird patterns in the sky though.

That is awesome! Great composition and contrast!
Though I feel like you need to tone down on the bright sand in the bottom, it keeps drawing my eye away from the real subject.

Thank you, Lexitus, also for the hint regarding the sand, I will play around with it a little.

Woweee!! That's an awesome picture!!
Perfect composition. Perfect timing also!

Thanks a bunch, Leung!

Talking about timing: After taking the shots I had to run for shelter, as the thunderstorm was actually coming my way :eek::biggrin:

Damn fine shot Sir.
You've got massive amounts of noise and weird patterns in the sky though.

Thank you, Bright Angel. There is indeed some noise in the sky in the original, the weird patterns, however, must come from the downsizing.

Aw hawaii. I use to go there 3 or 4 times a year with my Dad. How I miss it so. Thank you for posting this image. Made my afternoon :smile:

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw hawaii. I use to go there 3 or 4 times a year with my Dad. How I miss it so. Thank you for posting this image. Made my afternoon :smile:

Scott

Very glad I brought you back some nice memories, Scott! I get to go there every January for a conference, a nice break from the cold in New York. :smile:

Great shot, love the combination of the mural and the real rainbow, also the leading lines created by the shadows in the foreground. I do agree with Lueng that burning down the sand in the center foreground might improve the image more.

Great shot, love the combination of the mural and the real rainbow, also the leading lines created by the shadows in the foreground. I do agree with Lueng that burning down the sand in the center foreground might improve the image more.

Thanks a bunch, Jeff, I will definitely give the sand a try.

Latest threads

Top Bottom