1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Waist Belt Options

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Mike126, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Mike126

Mike126

Aug 14, 2008
    Herndon, Va
    Rather than hi-jack Andrews post about what you bring to games, i thought I'd start a separate post....

I'm looking to get a waist pack probably a Think Tank. Wanted to get some feedback about going with something like a Speed Freak or Speed Demon or a modular setup (Speed Changer and a few extra lens/flash bags. What do you guys find to be most useful for football, soccer and lacrosse etc?

I will be shooting a D300 with 300 f2.8 on monopod with a D80 and 70-200 f2.8 slinged. I would like to have a flash and my 50 f1.4 available.

Thanks!

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I like the skin system. you can take only the pouches you need . Very Flexable.

3. Mike126

Mike126

Aug 14, 2008
    Herndon, Va
    Do you feel the skin system provides enough protection? I like the light weight look but was concerend about ease of access and protection.

4. I use the Lowepro belt system, you only buy what you want to attach to it. It's not as cool as the speed belt from Think Tank and doesn't spin, but I also don't find that as necessary either, and the LowePro system is much cheaper and very sturdy as well.

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I was a little concerned about the no padding at first ,but after using it ,its not a problem for me.

I used the lowepro field & strean before the skins ,and they are padded but stick out more because they are formed.

I like the skin system better,but thats just me.

6. Very happy with my Think Tank Modular system. I can attach what I need when needed, makes life easy. They can lock to a specific position or I can have them free and can slide them around the belt to move things out of the way or to a better position.

7. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    what Geoff said

8. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Think Tank modular A plus

9. I just bought and still learning to use the ThinkTank Modular system: Pro Speed belt, Pixel Racing Harness, Digital Holster 50 and the Speed Changer. I had to get the Pixel harness just to balance things out and keep it from falling off my hips. I can put my D300 with 300 f/4 in the holster if I need both hands free. The option not to lock things in place is a plus especially if you change positions. It's well made and I've had no issues so far. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.