Waist Belt Options

Rather than hi-jack Andrews post about what you bring to games, i thought I'd start a separate post....

I'm looking to get a waist pack probably a Think Tank. Wanted to get some feedback about going with something like a Speed Freak or Speed Demon or a modular setup (Speed Changer and a few extra lens/flash bags. What do you guys find to be most useful for football, soccer and lacrosse etc?

I will be shooting a D300 with 300 f2.8 on monopod with a D80 and 70-200 f2.8 slinged. I would like to have a flash and my 50 f1.4 available.

Thanks!

Do you feel the skin system provides enough protection? I like the light weight look but was concerend about ease of access and protection.

I use the Lowepro belt system, you only buy what you want to attach to it. It's not as cool as the speed belt from Think Tank and doesn't spin, but I also don't find that as necessary either, and the LowePro system is much cheaper and very sturdy as well.

I was a little concerned about the no padding at first ,but after using it ,its not a problem for me.

I used the lowepro field & strean before the skins ,and they are padded but stick out more because they are formed.

I like the skin system better,but thats just me.

Very happy with my Think Tank Modular system. I can attach what I need when needed, makes life easy. They can lock to a specific position or I can have them free and can slide them around the belt to move things out of the way or to a better position.

I just bought and still learning to use the ThinkTank Modular system: Pro Speed belt, Pixel Racing Harness, Digital Holster 50 and the Speed Changer. I had to get the Pixel harness just to balance things out and keep it from falling off my hips. I can put my D300 with 300 f/4 in the holster if I need both hands free. The option not to lock things in place is a plus especially if you change positions. It's well made and I've had no issues so far. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom