1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wait - don't buy a mac or ipod right now

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by greg.luke, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Hello all,

Just a heads up that it may be a good idea to hold off for a few weeks before buying a mac or ipod. Rumors are circulating that there may be a big product line revamp in September.

Apple is usually fairly good about offering discounts to people who buy just before a price drop, and it might all be nothing but rumor. Still though, if you are on the fence right now, it might be good to hold off and see what comes out.

I read this on http://www.macrumors.com/, but I think several other rumor/tech/gadget sites have picked up the story.

- Luke

2. Rumors have been spinning for a while but have intensified very recently.....and as has been pointed out, many of the current machines in Apple's lineup are due for an upgrade of some sort -- some WAAAY overdue! There are possibilities that some announcements will be made mid-September.

3. This is probably shot in the dark but do we know what is being upgraded ? iMacs ? MacPros ? I'm thiiiisss close from buying MacPro ;) 

4. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    *holds breath*

5. Seems you're turning a little blue there, might want to take another breath :biggrin:

6. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    *....I don't know what you are talking about....* :474:

7. The word is that everything is a likely candidate for upgrade. I think that the Mac Pro is very likely to be upgraded, probably with new processors and video cards.

An interesting rumor, which I actually doubt very much, is that the mac mini will be upgraded to a different form factor to make it a more competent all-around machine that slots in the product line closer to a mac pro. If that's true, it might be an interesting option.

the macrumors buying guide is a useful tool, although they are speculating as much as anyone else.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

8. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Kevin Rose suggests a date of Sept 9, and we all know he never told a lie ...

9. Yeah, if Kevin Rose is right about that Sept. 9 date, let's just say I will be impressed.

10. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    quad core and 8 gb ram support can only hope not Solid state drives in them for MacBook Pros

11. On MacRumors the date of September 16th is also being bandied about....

The Mac Mini is long overdue for an update, so chances are that we'll be seeing something there, and the MacBook and MacBook Pro could use a freshening up.

Everybody hang on tight -- should be an exciting fall for Mac users! :smile:

12. I'd love to see a supercharged mac mini in the same form factor - something with enough processing power to be a home media/game center and also a fully functional computer.

13. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Also substantial rumor of iTunes 8 - a complete overhaul!
    I'm also hoping for that red 32gb iPhone that I've been holding out for...

14. I'll bet they come out with the 32 GB Red iPhone before the Christmas holidays..... From what I'm seeing on MR, iTunes 8 is just around the corner.

It would be great if Apple would issue a super-beefed-up Mac Mini in the same form factor it has now, as a lot of people could take great advantage of that, especially if it has capabilities for putting together a great home media center, and it also would be neat to see a new mid-tower between the iMac and the Mac Pro. Some people are antsy for a Mac tablet of some sort but I don't know how well that would fly....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.