Waiting for the E-P5

Getting rid of lots of stuff on Ebay to fund the purchase. Right now I have a GH2 and a GF1. The GH2 is going but the GF1 wouldn't bring much so I'm keeping it. Still like the results with that little camera. I tend to leave the Lumix 14mm lens on it and shoot in Dynamic B&W. I rediscovered my old Nikon D-70 while going through boxes of stuff. That goes too. Probably won't bring much but somebody might get some use out of it. I have the Lumix 20 and the Summilux 25 so the 17mm Olympus that comes with the kit may be too close in focal length to bother keeping. I'll have to decide between the 17 and the 20 when it gets here. The 25 definitely stays.

The grand plan is to end up with the E-P5 and the following lenses:
14mm Lumix
17 or 20
25mm Summilux
45mm Olympus
75mm Olympus (On order)
100-300 Lumix

Still have the 14-45 Lumix but hardly ever use it. It gives nice results but I tend to favor primes. I guess that one will head to Ebay too.

It's funny how much stuff we accumulate in this hobby. I keep stumbling over old purchases that made sense at the time but end up in boxes on the closet shelf. Time to clean house.

Me too

I'm sure the line is much longer than this.
I'll be pairing this with the new 17mm F1.8 for low light, my favorite walkabout lens the 9-18 m43's zoom, the lightweight 40-150 m43's zoom for a longer reach, and finally the fantastic 60mm m43's Macro. I think this will cover almost all of my bases until I can save up enough for the 75mm f1.8 m43's tele. :smile: (unless Olympus surprises us with an ultra-fast zoom) :wink:

I'm sure the line is much longer than this.
I'll be pairing this with the new 17mm F1.8 for low light, my favorite walkabout lens the 9-18 m43's zoom, the lightweight 40-150 m43's zoom for a longer reach, and finally the fantastic 60mm m43's Macro. I think this will cover almost all of my bases until I can save up enough for the 75mm f1.8 m43's tele. :smile: (unless Olympus surprises us with an ultra-fast zoom) :wink:

Just noticed that Amazon has the 75mm lens on sale for $799, either black or silver. B&H only has the silver on sale.

My u4/3 kit will be the ep5, 7.5/3.5, 17/1.8, 45/1.8 and 40-150 tele zoom. Other than replacing the 20/1.7 with the 17/1.8, this is the same kit of lenses that I currently use on the ep3. The exciting parts of the ep5 are the features that will make it effective for MF lenses. I have a good collection of vintage Nikkor glass that will be fun to use. Fortunately, one of those is the awesome 105/2.5, which keeps me from lusting for the very expensive 75/1.8.

14mm Lumix
17 or 20
25mm Summilux

Your normal range will be very crowded. I wouldn't know which one to carry for any given outing. I space my primes far apart so I don't have to make difficult decisions. :wink:

My u4/3 kit will be the ep5, 7.5/3.5, 17/1.8, 45/1.8 and 40-150 tele zoom. Other than replacing the 20/1.7 with the 17/1.8, this is the same kit of lenses that I currently use on the ep3. The exciting parts of the ep5 are the features that will make it effective for MF lenses. I have a good collection of vintage Nikkor glass that will be fun to use. Fortunately, one of those is the awesome 105/2.5, which keeps me from lusting for the very expensive 75/1.8.

Your normal range will be very crowded. I wouldn't know which one to carry for any given outing. I space my primes far apart so I don't have to make difficult decisions. :wink:

You're right, the normal range is a bit crowded. I wouldn't include the 14 in there but still a bit crowded. The 25 is just too good to get rid of. Perhaps I will sell off both of the mid range wides, the 17 and the 20. That would leave me with the 14, 25, 45, and 75.

I used to own that lovely Nikon 105/2.5 too. It was wonderful and a very clean copy. Looked like new. But now I am sorely in need of auto focus. The old eyes just don't get the job done anymore.

Always enjoy reading your posts, Frank.

I'm keeping a lot of old manual focusing lenses in the back of my mind as my old eyes will be able to focus those on this new "Pen" camera. UF you've also reminded me about that sharp 7.5mm FE that I might need for some diversions! :biggrin:

The 7.5 fisheye is a delight, Bobby. It will open up alternate universes of vision for you.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom