Waiting, how long will it be?

I got mine .....

..... but I kinda cheated. I had one on order at Amazon for awhile. Last week I was in Munich, Germany and found one in a local camera shop. I paid more (219 Euro) and it doesn't have a US warranty, but hey, I got the instant gratification and got to use the lens for the rest of my trip.

(I'm not known for my patience.:smile:)

I've been calling all over my city for one...and nothing.
LOL I think one camera store has been asked a lot about it, because the guy snapped at me with "WE'LL GET SOME WHEN NIKON DECIDES TO SEND US SOME" and hung up on me.

Recieved an e-mail from Adroma yesterday. Wanted to let me know that they hadn't forgotten me, but nothing yet.

Germany, don't think I want one that bad.

Simon,

Thanks for rubbing it in. What do you think of it?

I ordered mine from Dodd Camera in Cleveland when it was on special for $179.95 for their spring show. I expected to be placed on a waiting list, as it was out of stock. I placed my order, and a couple days later received a notice it had shipped. Got it 4 days after ordering.

A couple samples from a recent bike ride:
3512210271_c8bedfa31c_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3513016034_089c6b390f_o.jpg

I like it!:579:

Pretty bad CA. In Canada this lens is $280. Not near the temptation it is in the US where it comes in at $200.

I haven't decided if I want it or not yet.

Yep!

yup, u can see the "lust" ...was this the first brush? ...lol
501191725_oJg5w-X2.jpg

:eek:

That's me losing my hard earned purity. Nice glass, nice glass of beer, and damn fine company!

Still waiting. Anyone getting theirs? Is Adroma keeping up with this? Should I cancel and try to go through someone else? Has the supply just gone away?

Still waiting. Anyone getting theirs? Is Adroma keeping up with this? Should I cancel and try to go through someone else? Has the supply just gone away?

The best thing to do is go to B&H and click on the "Notify when in-stock" link and put your email in. B&H will then email you when it's in-stock. Click the link in the email and buy the lens. I do this all the time and it works very well, but it's first come, first serve..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/606792-USA/Nikon_2183_AF_S_Nikkor_35mm_f_1_8G.html

Also do a search on google for the lens and see who has stock.

Also try ebay. I always see them on there.

good luck and hope this helped.

Finally, it shipped today. The D90 is in the El Segundo (spelling ?) shop for service. So even when I get the lens, I still have to wait to try it.

I was wavering that day. I started to order From B&H and cancel Adorama. Was afraid I'd lose my place and miss the boat at B&H. Glad I held tight. Looks like Adorama just got their shipment a little later than B&H. Still wish I had a camera to use it with....

Latest threads

Top Bottom