Waiting List at Berger Bros. Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by papa85, Oct 31, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

:Guns: I have the Honor of being 1st on the Berger Bros. list :biggrin: . Get on the list quick.:Angel: ( 800-542-8811 )
    Talk to Larry he is a champ, very knowledgable on all, even on the D200. Mention my name along with $1699.00 and you can get right in. No money needed at this time. This is going to be fun.
    All kidding aside Larry is a great guy #one man there. :biggrin: :wink:

2. I'll race you, Tony! I'm #1 on the list at Adorama :wink:.

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

That's a deal.

That's a deal Frank, See who get one first. Sounds like it will be a knockout. Hope so.:biggrin: :confused:

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

Just put my Deposit on the D200

Update:Shocked: Berger Bros is now taking deposits on the D200 Camera. My deposit is in on the D200, Battery Grip and Extra battery. Now for the LOOOOOONG wait. Larry says delivery will be early Dec.:biggrin:
    I read the full 12 page review by Dpreview They are calling it a compact D2X.
    Hope it will live up to all the specs.:biggrin: :confused: :smile:

6. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Woohoo, Frank and Frank :).

Frank Wilson - I am trying to resist my urge to whip the credit card out :D

7. Deposit? What does that mean? Adorama doesn't require a deposit. When they get my camera/battery grip/spare battery, they'll contact me for authorization to put it on my credit card.

Btw, Martino confirmed that I'm #1 on the d200 shipping list :biggrin:. Being one of Nikon's highest volume dealers, I'm hoping that means I'll get my camera pretty quickly.
    Yeah, I read it in detail. Seems like Phil is smitten with the d200, too :Love: :wink: :wink:.
    My biggest interests/concerns now are about the cam1000, since it's a brand new AF system, and high iso performance.

8. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    My wife took all my credit cards and locked them away :frown: Anyone here to throw in a dime or 1699???

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    In spite of Anand's temptation, I'm not in the market for a D200 right now (very happy with my D2H's). However, I'll have to admit that the preview on DPR shows that it is probably going to be as good or better than everyone hoped for. You never can tell of course, but I think the big N has hit a homer on this one. :smile:

10. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Shouldn't be a surprize, Nikon really nailed it with the D100 when it came out, I would expect the same for the D200. Looks like a darn good set of features for the price. If the AF works as good as my F5, I'll be pleased all around. I read Thom Hogan's comments on Nikon's CAM AF modules, the larger number doesn't necessarily mean slower performance, it has something to do with the coverage areas. It was over at DPR, buried in a D200 speculation thread, so it may be next to impossible to find.......
    The GPS and WiFi are a bit of surprize, but the GPS is something I can make good use of. Now, I have to check and see if my GPS is new enough. NMEA compliant, yes, but maybe not V2.0....

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;