1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Waking Up

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by RoyC01, Jul 2, 2018.

1. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    From my trip to Yellowstone National Park in May. Grizzly male waking up from a mid day nap. These were shot across a small pond just north of Norris Junction. Shot with a D5, 800mm lens plus TC1.25, f7.1, ISO 2500 and SS 1/180 to 1/500 sec. The first three are cropped a little and the last is not.
    1Waking_Up.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2Waking_Up.jpg

3Waking_Up.jpg

4Waking_Up.jpg

Roy

• Like Like x 1
  2. If a griz can take a mid day nap, so can I!
    Nicely captured Roy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A grizz is a magnificent animal and you have captured this well.

4. RoyC01

RoyC01

Jan 6, 2011
    SE USA
    Gentlemen, thanks for viewing and the comments. This is a big boy. The last shot does not show what would be from his elbows down. One of the reasons I selected the second image is his claws. Those have to be 4 0r 5 inches in length! On my trips tp YNP, I see a number of Grizzly Sows each year, but the Boar sightings are few. Everyone of the Boars has been an impressively large specimen.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. Very nice set!

6. What a lucky find, Roy! Well shot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.