Walking Around Part III

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by pixelharmony, Aug 9, 2008.

1. In continuation with my daily walk & shoots I was pulled over by cops and the brought backup!! I had three officers question me about what I was doing. I told them I'm shooting on public property of things I see when walking. They said someone was complaining about me taking pictures, they scrolled through all my photos and then let me go.

Anyway, I brought the macro lens out today and got a chance to excerise it :) enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Nice images. Too bad about being harrassed by the Police. It certainly highlights the times we live in. I've heard of similar instances in other cities. Seems everyone has become paranoid lately, particularly around public buildings or famous landmarks. Sad!

3. I guess I was kind of out of place :) Korean guy walking alone in the middle of a dense Latin American neighborhood with a bright yellow shirt and a camera with a big lens.

4. Nice shots Eugene ........ maybe next time strat taking photos of the cops...:biggrin: It is too bad that everyone worries so much. Try taking photos of little kids and see what happens. You really need to be on your guard.

Best,

5. I think I'm going to stay away from the kids. I don't need more cops harassing me.

I really wish I could've gotten a photo of the cops, I would print it out and post it in my room.

6. It also happend to me i was just outside the door and the crazy woman from a opposite house called the cops saying i was taking pictures of her kids.

7. I hope everything was okay for you, I'm sure same rules for photography apply out in the netherlands.

8. Adam73

Adam73 Guest

#8 is brilliant. The rust and the "Century" sign work well. :)

9. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Nice Series!

10. Maxone

Maxone

Jun 4, 2008
    Ireland
    I like street shots. Pictures look alive. Nice series.

11. Eugene,
    another great series of images
    very well done

i'm so glad you shared them with us

12. Hi Eugene,

Yes everything was oke but i had to go to the station and tell them what i was doing with a camera so i told them i am a photographer and make street photo's for myself and only take pictures of people and kids when permitted.
    So the cop looked at my website and everything was oke,but she said maybe it is better to carry the camera in a bag.
    The same to me an Indonesian guy with a big lens in a small town with people who never go further then there backyard.