Wandered Over Here From Landscape

Discussion in 'People' started by Outdoors, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Thought I try my hand at some portrait work. Am actually thinking of buying an extra SB-800, couple of light stands, umbrellas, etc.....

This is a simple early evening shot of my grand daughter with flash fill from the top of my D200. I used my Tamron 17-50 which I find very pleasing.

Comments and critiques welcome!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pretty picture

3. Beautiful, Dan...you need to post over here more often!

4. Thanks Gale and John. Looking forward to really taking a look to see what I like in portraits and trying to emulate some of them.

5. Extremly pleasing and of course that darling little grand daughter helps make the case.

You will enjoy the creative enhancement that will come from owning a couple or more Sb800 or Sb600s also adding a couple of light stands and umbrellas makes for an inexpensive, portable creative lighting system.
    You can find some helpful post from Gordon(greyflash) and others using the above system.

6. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    She is absolutely adorable!! Great capture.

7. Thanks Darrell and Kellie! It always helps to get encouragement when trying something new!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.