Wanna meet up in NYC?

I'm in NYC until the 16th. Should any cafe members want to meet up and show me around a bit, I'll be quite grateful. I've already visited the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, Central Park, Empire State, Rockefeller Centre, WTC, and meeting up with a friend in Soho tomorrow. Took a bunch of street shots already, but haven't gotten enough to be satisfied yet. Haven't seen the naked cow-people hehe, and Times Sq was kinda dull when I went so I'd like to go there again.

PM me if you're available!

I don't live in NYC; however, I often visit there. Don't forget the Brooklyn Bridge. Then when you are there, walk across to the DUMBO area (under the bridge Brooklyn side) as well as Brooklyn Hights area (panorama view of the City over the East River). If you are up for a long walk, walk Broadway from down town to up town and photographic every thing in between. Don't forget to take an evening shot from the top of the Empire State building.

damn Taylor, wish I had seen this earlier
I was in the city all day yesterday
walked from 75th st. all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge and then back to the village

many Ny'ers are away this time of year, so its actually less crowded on the weekends, IMO

Thanks for the suggestions, I've gone to Coney Island, Harlem, Brooklyn Bridge (but didn't walk into Brooklyn)... I plan on going up the Empire State either Tuesday night or Wed morning.

Larry, I sent you an email hope you get it in time.

Next time I visit I'll definitely post ahead of time. I've been shooting mostly film so it's hard to shoot everything I see... but I've got some great shots that I'll post in a separate thread later.

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon... didn't get to meet with any of you guys but I'm sure there will be other opportunities in the future.

Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today, from 10:30 to closing. Boy, there are so many great pieces in there... the paintings... wow... I was so moved that I almost cried. I'm going back tomorrow and taking my dad, after I pick up some more film for my Europe trip from B&H.

New York's been fun and I'll be posting a complete post about the trip once I get back to Canada!

Taylor-

I hope you had a good trip- and next time, don't miss the Cloisters!

I have been back on the island for a month now, and haven't had a chance to visit the city- but soon. I wish I'd have seen this earlier-

Lawrence

Damn!! I'm just seeing this for the first time as I don't browse this forum much. I would have loved to meet up with you Taylor. You gotta put the word out before you get here. I think Kurt (Kemnik) is in NY now too... I shot him an IM earlier - maybe you guys could link up. I'm not going to be able to get to NYC tonight... Maybe next time??

Taylor-

I hope you had a good trip- and next time, don't miss the Cloisters!

I have been back on the island for a month now, and haven't had a chance to visit the city- but soon. I wish I'd have seen this earlier-

Lawrence

Hey Lawrence, I had a great time. Definitely need to come back again sometime, maybe when my style has matured a bit more. Walking around with a Rolleiflex certainly got a lot of looks and quite a few comments from strangers, it just seems to get people interested. You should check out the Met Museum, I spent 1.5 days in there and got some nice pics, through-the-viewfinder stuff and candids.

Damn!! I'm just seeing this for the first time as I don't browse this forum much. I would have loved to meet up with you Taylor. You gotta put the word out before you get here. I think Kurt (Kemnik) is in NY now too... I shot him an IM earlier - maybe you guys could link up. I'm not going to be able to get to NYC tonight... Maybe next time??

Aww too bad Keith! Next time... my flight was actually tonight (my mistake in the post). If you're ever in Toronto lemme know. People are friendlier towards street shooting here (less paranoia).

Latest threads

Top Bottom