1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Want to add FX, keep DX, upgrade to D300s worth it?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Flynn, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Flynn

Flynn

Jun 28, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    Anyone think the jump from a D90 to a D300 or D300s is worth it if planning to add FX to the mix?

I plan on building a DX/FX kit eventually and want to keep the DX for sports/wildlife, general extended reach stuff.

My thoughts relating to my current lens collection is that I would sell the 18-200 to offset any upgrade costs a bit. Near future would be to sell the 10-24 to get a 14-24 2.8

Would you upgrade the D90 to D300s, or keep the D90 and get a D700?

Leaning towards the D90/D700 combo.

2. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Unless you have any particular reasons to upgrade from the D90 to the D300, you shouldn't. Just get a D700.

3. I agree. The D90 and D300 have slight differences suited to it's intended user base. An upgrade would be to FX.

4. for sports shooting those differances are more tho

5. Flynn

Flynn

Jun 28, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    Yeah, sorry I did not really specify what I shoot. Basically a bit of everything but sports :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.