1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

WTB Want to Buy: Arca-Swiss plate for Nikon 70-200 f/4 | Location: USA | Ships:

Discussion in 'Member Buy, Sell & Trade' started by Pa, Sep 23, 2018.

1. What type of listing is this?

Want to Buy

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Arca-Swiss plate for Nikon 70-200 f/4

What are your prices?

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

Description

I need a lens plate for mounting my Nikon 70-200 f/4 to a tripod.

Payment accepted

Shipping method

Shipping charge

Handling time

References

Additional comments

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. Still looking.

3. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
  4. Thanks, Ken. Certainly I am aware of that option. I have a foot I share between my 70-200/4 and 70-180 micro, but would like one for each. I'm just too cheap to pay full retail since the need isn't that great.

5. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I understand. I bought some RRSplates for well-used lenses and bodies, but ended up buying a Sunwayfoto knockoff for a body that I did not use much. A quick Amazon search yielded this possible option: https://www.amazon.com/iShoot-Tripod-Nikkor-70-200mm-Release/dp/B018NDFQGI/ .

Good luck,

--Ken

6. Wow, Ken. If that is as good as the reviewers claim, than it is the bargain of the year. I found a used Kirk locally for "quite a bit more" for my 70-200.

7. Replytoken

Replytoken

Jan 12, 2018
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I know nothing about the company, product or seller. After Pa mentioned he was looking for a more affordable alternative, I decided to see if Sunwayfoto had one as their products are built reasonably well (at least their brackets and plates are). I saw this and decided to post it in case Pas was interested in further researching. These products are a bit of conundrum for me. It is great they are affordable, but in many cases, they are "clones" from reputable companies that actually design them for sale in the photographic community.

--Ken

8. Yup, they basically are parasites on the original R&D.

9. It looks very much like the tripod collar I have for my 70-200/4, which is also a Chinese knockoff but does not have the integrated Area-Swiss foot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.