Want to do a sketch action on this (covered nude) shot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    but, so far, all the ones I've tried, I didn't like (at least at their default settings). Anyone else wanna take a stab at it? Or, in lieu of that, recommend a good sketching action to try out? Thanks!

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Could you explain to me what a "sketching action" would be?

I think the picture is great. Very beautiful and sexy, the B&W makes this capture so good.

Thanks for posting.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ok, I should have googled it before I asked. Duh! I see what a sketch action would be.

Still, I like the photo as is.

4. Steve:
    The problem with an "action" is you don't learn a darn thing... So when you have a project and know you want to do something with it but cannot find an action... you are lost because you have not acquired the PS skills to do it yourself.
    That being said, here is a link to Action Central... If you look in the Tutorial Section you will see a downloadable tutorial on sketching. By the way, the guy who did this tutorial is "no mind" but it a good tutorial.
    While you are there you will also see a whole bunch of different actions that can be downloaded including ones for sketching.
    Hope this helps...
    http://www.atncentral.com/

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Patrick! And, Doug,

I never realized there was a tutorial section on action central. I'll go take a look. I have a couple of their sketching actions from there, but never bothered to try to fine tune them along the way while it played, and as a result, I never get the results I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip!