Want to hire post processing

I have an image I want to make into a triptych. I don't want three equal size panels on canvas, but I wish I had taken the image wider. What can I expect to pay to get an original NEF file cropped into 3 pieces, maybe with artwork added on the outside edge of the two smaller panels?
436739.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Are you imagining the arch as filling the middle panel, and the smaller two side pieces as not having the arch in at all?
1. It is trivially easy to cut up the current image like that, anyone could do it in two minutes.

1A. You are looking up at quite an angle. Would you like a small degree of perspective adjustment, I think that might improve the look. One minute.

2. What would be a more interesting challenge would be making the picture as if you had taken it a bit wider, so the side panels are not so small. I estimate 10-15 minutes to do that.

3. The final stages of adding artwork, framing etc are very personal, it would be better if you did that yourself.

If you like I'll give steps 1, 1A and 2 a go if you email me the nef, I assume you want it processed to look like the image above? Free of course. I'll send you a message with my email in case you would like me to do it - I would post a small version of what I do here so people can see, and send you the three full quality images.

PS. I'm assuming you are wanting to print. You will need to specify the following technical information to the person doing the post processing, this depends on who is printing it and how. Even if you are not printing, now is the time to decide what you want.
1. File format: JPG, 8 bit TIFF, 16 bit TIFF, 8 bit PSD, 16 bit PSD.
2. Colour profile: sRGB, aRGB, ProPhoto.
If you are using a (genuine) professional print service you need to ask them exactly what they expect from you. You will also need to choose the paper.
If you are using a normal print service just go for JPG (very high quality) and sRGB. And that's what you need anyway to show photos on the internet.

Last edited:
Yes, I want to print this on canvas wrap pretty large, having the arch in the middle and the two side panels making the complete presentation. I will send the NEF to you.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I have quickly done steps 1A and step 2 and will do step 1 and cut it up tomorrow.
So here is a preview, showing where I have got to so far. I have made it appear as if you used a slightly wider angle lens. I have also adjusted the perspective so the arch stands more upright, without overdoing it. The processing of the raw file has allowed what I think is a better rendition of that lovely deep blue sky.

Paris_7011.jpg

I have quickly done steps 1A and step 2 and will do step 1 and cut it up tomorrow.
So here is a preview, showing where I have got to so far. I have made it appear as if you used a slightly wider angle lens. I have also adjusted the perspective so the arch stands more upright, without overdoing it. The processing of the raw file has allowed what I think is a better rendition of that lovely deep blue sky.

View attachment 1664707
That does look good.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Here is the small web version of the final result, it is now ready for printing as three separate images. I'm sending Chris all the separate full resolution images.

Paris_7011 three parts 1600.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom