want to study lighting, then watch movies!

• Thread starter andrewthomasdesigns
  • Start date
A

andrewthomasdesigns

bad example, but I just saw Wedding Crashers last night at a friends place, and I was awe struck at both the humor (although I wasn't drunk, and needed to be) and how well the whole movie was lit.

They aren't just doing one shot and then moving on after doing said shot like an amature, they are digging in and getting everything perfect for each and every scene!

anyone else notice this or look for things like this?

(just a side note, I love trying to take pictures of people in both studio settings and outside and stuff, not much for nature, nature critters, or buildings... )

Absolutely! Movies are great for "seeing light"...the difficult part is understanding what you see and then trying to duplicate it. I just hate that part.

A

andrewthomasdesigns

Absolutely! Movies are great for "seeing light"...the difficult part is understanding what you see and then trying to duplicate it. I just hate that part.

yeah I know, that's the fun part...

Funny story, in India (well maybe, but anyway somewhere other than here) a friend was telling me a story about the movie set he was on. He asked why there were so many people around holding reflectors - "they are cheaper than renting stands."

Then you have the fact that pretty much every scene in a good movie is perfect, not ok, not passable, but perfect - but then they take a lot more time than I have.

anyway, I'm drifting here!

=)

That is soo funny and true, But if you really want a reflector stand have your wife or significant other hold it a few to many times and the next holiday that one gives presents one magcally appears :biggrin:

yeah I know, that's the fun part...

Funny story, in India (well maybe, but anyway somewhere other than here) a friend was telling me a story about the movie set he was on. He asked why there were so many people around holding reflectors - "they are cheaper than renting stands."

Then you have the fact that pretty much every scene in a good movie is perfect, not ok, not passable, but perfect - but then they take a lot more time than I have.

anyway, I'm drifting here!

=)

A

andrewthomasdesigns

That is soo funny and true, But if you really want a reflector stand have your wife or significant other hold it a few to many times and the next holiday that one gives presents one magcally appears :biggrin:

that'd be a great pickup line...

"hey, would you want to hold my reflector for me?"

that'd be a great pickup line...

"hey, would you want to hold my reflector for me?"

A better one that my friend Searle used to use is "Have you ever been photographed?" I think his thick South African accent may have helped but man, that guy "photographed" all sorts of girls using that line.

A

andrewthomasdesigns

I'll have to use that sometime.

I love what happened a few weeks ago...

I went over to a models house - well more like a cute girl that wanted pictures, not a diss on her but she wasn't a model. (ok defination time: model = someone who does this either professionally or as a hobby. Cute girl = someone who just wants some good pictures of herself, and is really cute.)

Anyway, she says "well I don't feel comfortable doing bikini stuff, since I need to lose some weight" she did look fine, not really skinny, but but not over weight or anything like that at all.

It took about an hour before she was in her underwear bottoms and on her bed with me getting pictures of the whole deal. All I had to do was ask once...

I love this hobby sometimes!

Then there was a time when a friend came over and I think I looked at the camera once. She was cute and I really really wish we would have got some pictures, oh well!

Latest threads

Top Bottom