Wanting a D6 real bad...

I have a feeling the D6 will be Nikon's last professional DSLR.

Which is fine as I think the pro level DSLRs have reached their maximum capabilities. The one major issue i have with mirrorless cameras is battery life. It plain sucks. I can get about 2500 shots on a single charge with my D5, and I have six batteries. I never run out of power. I can go through 3 batteries on the R5 in a single day. That’s crazy. Call me old fashioned, but I actually don’t like EVFs.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Which is fine as I think the pro level DSLRs have reached their maximum capabilities. The one major issue i have with mirrorless cameras is battery life. It plain sucks. I can get about 2500 shots on a single charge with my D5, and I have six batteries. I never run out of power. I can go through 3 batteries on the R5 in a single day. That’s crazy. Call me old fashioned, but I actually don’t like EVFs.
Yea, and the older dslr batteries were even bigger capacity. My D3s shoots forever it seems with good batteries, days in fact, easily 3-5 thousand shots indoor events back in the day. Great in cold temps too compared to others.

I have a feeling the D6 will be Nikon's last professional DSLR.
Then I’m glad I pulled the trigger and BOUGHT ONE!!!!! I love this camera!!!
I was going to switch to mirrorless but L just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Well Joe,
welcome to the D6 owners club.

You'll love it.

Klaus
Thanks Klaus. It’s definitely giving me the bug to get out and shoot more but my work and family schedule is putting a damper on my shooting right now. Lol.

Then I’m glad I pulled the trigger and BOUGHT ONE!!!!! I love this camera!!!
I was going to switch to mirrorless but L just couldn’t bring myself to do it.
Welcome to the club! :)

Also, remember to report to the D6 owners club to be assigned a queue number for when you turn is to download firmware. :p

-A

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom