1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Warbirds in Lancaster PA - Photos posted

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by McQ, Aug 23, 2008.

1. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

I was told just a couple of days ago, and confirmed it last night, that the Lancaster County Airport is hosting a Warbirds Fly in Aug. 23,24,25 (already missed Friday's fly-in the 22).

Anyone near Lancaster PA can check it out. It's part of the Wings of Freedom Tour.

http://www.lancasterairport.com/Common/EventsPromotions/WingsofFreedomTour/tabid/142/Default.aspx

Wish I had known about it sooner, so I could have posted it for everyone sooner. If this is a duplicate post, my apologies. I didn't have time to look yet.

B-17, B-24, B25 bombers, and a P-51 Mustang. They give rides, albeit expensive ones (it costs a lot to maintain these aircraft).

I'm heading out to the airport in a few minutes!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  2. McQ

Got out for a couple of hours to see the war birds. They are amazing aircraft! Here are several shots from last week's visit. Only second time shooting planes, so still trying to figure it out. Slower shutter speeds next time for more motion blur with the P-51 props for sure. Enjoy.

MCQ_8403.

View attachment 242244

MCQ_8431.
    NIKON D3    ---    420mm    f/9.0    1/400s    ISO 200

MCQ_8448.
    NIKON D3    ---    420mm    f/9.0    1/500s    ISO 200

MCQ_8466.
    NIKON D3    ---    420mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    ISO 200

View attachment 242248

MCQ_8517.
    NIKON D3    ---    420mm    f/8.0    1/500s    ISO 200

View attachment 242250

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    awesome pictures!! i will be having the oportunity to head tot he National Air Force museum in Ohio this weekend and i will do my best to take plenty of pics! althou after seeing some of my friends shots form therei htink it will be tri pod and long exposures.

4. McQ

Thanks, Jim. They are so much fun to look at and watch fly. You'll have to post some of your photos when you get back from the Air Force museum. I hear it's a really nice setup there. And monpods and tripods are always a plus! :smile:

5. That last pic is awsome.

6. McQ

Thanks, naknak. The sound of that plane is incredible too. What a roar!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.