Warbler and Grosbeak

These pictures are both taken during a rain shower, so I know they are dark and grey. I'm needing some critiquing on my crops/framing. I recently got a comment that my pictures "blah" because they are always centered like textbook photos. Generally, I center my photos because they have a definite subject (bird or bug). I do try to follow the rule of thirds if there is landscape discernible, but that's not usually the case in the trees or with macro. Comments/criticism on the photos in general is also welcome. Thanks!

Yellow-rumped Warbler
8723700099_4eb642e483_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

048 by beyond.eden, on Flickr

Rose-breasted Grosbeak (female)
8723702419_d451248df7_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

027 by beyond.eden, on Flickr

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Guidelines for compelling compositions apply to nature photos as well a landscapes...even street photography, macro, etc.!

If you had placed your subject in the upper right intersecting lines, the birds would have been looking into the frame, not in the center looking out of the frame. With these compositions, there is too much "dead" space behind the birds.

Just my thoughts....

Though I keep them in mind I tend to ignore "Rules" of composition, I shoot and
crop to please myself... If others like, wonderful... If they don't, life goes on...

Cute birds, the first is my fave...! :smile:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom