Warbler of the day

This is a rather rare warbler for our area--usually it frequents southern swamps. But we get a few every year in New York City. Its one of my favorites and has been on my top-10 most wanted to photograph birds! I got just one decent shot today---I REALLY could have used the D2x today, as this is heavily cropped--those 12 MP and the 2x crop would have sure been sweet today. Hopefully I'll get another chance at one this season.

Prothonotary Warbler (I see now that I spelled it incorrectly on the image--too lazy to correct it tonight)

prwa_6039b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow Janet; one of your best yet. I don't think that you need no stinkin' D2X.... 8) You're making the D100 sing. ;-)

Regards,

Frank

CraigH. said:
Nice catch Janet. like the color and pespective. looks like you were standing right under him. :D

I was! Just for a moment he landed on a branch right above me. There were a lot of people about, specifically looking for him and birder's etiquette says that you shouldn't chase a bird around if others' are trying to get a view...so I had to wait and hope he came close to me. He did just for a moment and I got off two frames!

Wow lucky one Janet. Glad he stayed for two. Pretty little bird.

Thank you for sharing.

Latest threads

Top Bottom