Warm up those Canucks

Rob

I know it has been rough for you Lumberjack types, but puuuurrrrrlllleeeeeezzzzzz, as they say in SF; get over it. Hopefully this may make you smile. A promise of Spring.

This squirrel dray was blocked with straw one night last autumn to keep out the cold.

squirrel-nest1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This week Jackdaws have taken possession and have been attempting to nest. I say attempting, because they are definitely not the brightest birds on the planet. having found their ideal condo they failed to do any measuring.

Here's the pile of sticks they can't get inside the dray to build their nest, as you can see the rest of the path is clear. I couldn't figure out why the path was suddenly littered with twigs. The look of disgust as they return, try to hop through the hole with a six inch piece of twig, and rebound is hilarious. Needless to say they have abandoned attempts to nest, consequently no photographs. :mad:

Draysticks2007-1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just to prove how warm it is here, forecasting 18 tomorrow. The Bluebell pastures are starting four weeks early. Sorry Sandi, not winding you up, just hammering home a point. NO SNOW HERE!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Remember, don't get mad, get even. Inkkkuuummmminnnnn'!

View attachment 90238

Kaige, there used to be a joke around Toronto: What's blue and white and lives in the basement? Any Toronto sports team!!! Then the Jays saved us from worldwide embarrassment! :biggrin:

Rob, you're funny, very funny~!~ BTW, I love that second picture - very pretty. I'll soon have my own flowers - hopefully!

Latest threads

Top Bottom