Warmth

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Chris101, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Assessing the "asesor"

Me thinks you must've done that pic after having several shots of that "warmth" first. :eek: Then you did the new avatar right after that! :tongue: Interseting shot, looks very retro. Reason for not showing the label?

2. Nice shot, Chris. And now I know why you have that thingy in your head.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes; thanks. The Cuervo label is too recognizable, and I thought it'd appear too ad-ish, which isn't what I wanted for this image. Instead I was trying for the "Whew! - I just worked a double shift, I'm freezin' my @$$ off and I need some medicinal internal combustion." look.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Phil - I just got it a couple of weeks ago - it's a corkscrew play on the 'Steve Martin-esque, arrow through the head' thing.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    ok, gotcha, and that's reasonable thinking. Alternately, the same shot but with the bottle nearly empty, the shot glass laying on it's side, with just a tiny puddle of tequila running out would'a been cool too! :Glasses: Or would that've been to cliche?

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    At that point I probably would not have been able to work the camera. :Dizzy: But yeah, I can see playing with a warped reflection of the heating coils in the puddle.

7. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I hear some slow, soulful jazz playing in the background. Really like the way the liquid level parallels the shadow.

8. Going out onto the skinny branches here...I don't see warmth in the B&W version. Esp if this is the golden tequila version of Cuervo. This pic, on first glance, tells "lonely drinking... lonely bar (the blinds on the window), no hope". What contributes to that feeling is the distance of the lens to bottle (same as eyeball to bottle therefore this is seen through the eyes of the drinker), the B&W treatment, the grain... sorry, don't see 'warmth', see 'loneliness in a bottle'. Just my take....
    Love the avatar!! LOL

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Dude! I didn't say drink it down to near empty! You could've poured it out into another container, got the shots, then returned it to the bottle! :wink:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the image and the avatar Chris.

:>)))))))))

11. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I think this shot conveys a kind of, "Whew! - I just worked a double shift, I'm freezin' my @$$ off and I need some medicinal internal combustion."

12. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

13. The way the shadow cuts across the table and the apparent distortion of the gin level make this image look like everthing is sliding downhill. Then again, maybe it is, the slippery slope to the great abyss. Your avatar is a crackup, much like it's author.:wink:

14. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    The picture and your title match very well - as opposites. The picture lacks warmth, but on the other hand expresses the need for warmth. It's like a lone drinker looking at his bottle. I think Sandy said it very well.
    I love the simplicity of the image, and the sadness it conveys to me.
    Your avatar is great, as always.

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Much of my work is irony - and I'd like to take credit for nameing this in direct opposition to the content of the photo, but what looks like a window is actually a space heater, and so there was a great deal of warmth!

And yes, loneliness does seem to be the essence of the photo. As I worked til 11 it was too late to do anythinge, so I sat at home and had my shot of tequila (and yes, it is the golden Cuervo, Commemoritiva - muy excellente mi amiga!) Thanks y'all.

Steve: I should have though of that! :wink:

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Oh, I get it....you're saying that Golden Cuervo, Commemoritiva tastes better warmed up?

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Any tequila tastes better warm - it's cactus juice.

18. Whoaaaa... I see a smiley in that glass :biggrin:

Besides, your new Avatar is mucho better! The last one was too serious. I thought you became a Canon shooter or somethin':wink:

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yesss!!! There's a little robot face in the bottom of the bottle too!