1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Warning - do NOT open Nute or Randy threads

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by kiwi, Sep 8, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Warining to all Cafe members, it's come to my attention that opening any recent threads by either Randy or Nute is VERY bad for your financial and possible mental health.

Be warned.

:smile:

400 2.8 and 85 1.4 :Love:

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Darren my friend you make a very valid point, the threads here, particually those created by the two guys you mention really our bad for all of us.

Apart from my 18-55 and 105 I can honestly say that bulk of the glass that I now have in my sig was picked up because of the samples that I've seen here.

You probabally want to add the big 200/2vr thread to your worst offenders list before it claims anymore victims.

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Robert, for a long time I have avoided that thread, have refused to post in it or look at it.

Aversion therapy for me my friend.

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Doesn't this mean that we have to hook you up to some serious electical currents while showing you pictures taken by Nute and Randy?

5. guys.... come on
    nothing will make ME feel better about purchasing glass i have NO business owning.... than other folks making "bad" financial decisions, as well :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Yes - I do believe you might

Evidence - Exhibit No.1 Randy has Sigma 120-300 - Kiwifamily buys 120-300
    Evidence - Exhibit N0.2 Randy sells 120-300, gets Nikon 300 2.8, Kiwifamily follows (non VR though)
    Evidence - Exhibit No.3 Randy buys 400 2.8. Kiwifamily needs therapy.

I rest my case your honour. AND, I know I am not alone.

7. he he he now that's funny and quite accurate :biggrin:

8. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    You sure aren't.

I think I need to boycott this forum for a week or so because I just paid off my cc.:tongue::wink:

9. With all due respect I don't think this is limited to Nute and Randy. There are many here that show beautiful images and great talent and skill. The glass is a tool and they know how to use those tools. :biggrin:

If this causes you/me/us to buy glass then that falls on us and not them. I say open those threads, enjoy the images, learn from the techniques demonstrated, and if you're so inclined and have the finances, then buy the glass that you need (or want if that is where you're at) for the job or application. :wink:

10. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Robert, quite true of course. Name and shame I say.

Seriously, look, I know the score, the combination of photographic skills with nice equipment is worthy of every view of every thread.

Nothing makes me buy new equioment apart from my own ambition (or sometime just plain need), but, how can you have ambition without a target to aspire to ?

11. uh oh....
    a paid off credit card?
    now....
    this is the PERFECT TIME to buy more glass... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

12. I'd buy the 400/2.8 VR right now if I was you :biggrin:

13. Robert.... you are always the voice of reason in this SWIRLING SEA OF MASS HYSTERIA

great post on your part

14. if you'll buy one along with us...
    interested?

15. No better way to avoid temptation than to succumb to it.

The minute you buy the glass, you stop thinking of buying it right away!

I know...works everytime for me.

16. Gonna have to wait until after December - haven't worked in three months now - just moved in a new condo (renting it) - gotta paint it (tomorrow) and then buy new furniture... (cause the wife unit took it upon herself to buy a $3000 coffee table now we need a couch to go with it... and I would have been happy with a couple of plastic chairs and cardboard boxes.... :eek:  But nooooo not her... So we'll need a 42" HDTV to go along with it :biggrin::biggrin:) 

Translation: Excuses, excuses, excuses, more excuses ... wait a minute a $3000 WHAT!? :eek:  ... hummmm sad really :Curved:

Shoot... Yup such is life - and then she is going to Paris for a couple of weeks in October - that's when I plan to have a little Chicago getaway! :biggrin:

Maybe it works for you but for me I just start planning my next purchase *Mr. Burns Hand Rub*

17. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    the problem though Ricky, then you start looking AGAIN.

It's madness. As Greg said mass hysteria, it's as if we are part of this giant worldwide Nikon cult. The North Korea of camera owners.

18. HI Greg,

I'm not so sure that I'm ALWAYS the voice of reason but I try to keep grounded and interject some logic and practicality whenever possible. :wink:

19. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    LMBO. Isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!

20. LOL....
    yeah.... i DO like YOUR way of thinking :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.