Warning - flower picture

It's turned warm in N. California, and some of the plants have been fooled into thinking it's Spring.
Their blossoms won't make it through the next chill, but it's a real treat to see them after months of rainy,
cold weather. I couldn't resist sniping one off, and documenting its innocent beauty, FCAS style :lol:

39361060.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/i]

Re: A real beauty, Frank

Steve S said:
Does it have a name? So, you used your 60 macro on it? Any fill flash?

It definitely has a name... I just don't know what it is :-/. I'll ask Nancy when she gets home.

Yup, I used the 60 micro, and a touch of fill from the sb800.

lovely Frank! I think its a crocus, sure sign of spring. Nothing like that happening in the East, that's for darn sure.

I sure remember FCAS.... from the NTF days. I bought the board and everything, just never got around to doing it. But at that time it had to be a Coolpix shot and then I got my D100.....

Hmmm, Just bought GeeJay's Tamron 90 SP macro so maybe this will be a good opportunity to give FCAS a try 8)

UncleFrank said:
It's turned warm in N. California, and some of the plants have been fooled into thinking it's Spring.
Their blossoms won't make it through the next chill, but it's a real treat to see them after months of rainy,
cold weather. I couldn't resist sniping one off, and documenting its innocent beauty, FCAS style :lol:

Beautiful crocus image youv'e got there Uncle Frank

JC

Uncle Frank,

Both my girlfriend and I emitted "Ohhhh!" when we came upon your image. Well done. Let's see more flowers. And landscapes. And, OK, eagles. :?

Joel

ID

Thanks Gordon, Joel, and Chris! I'm glad you approve of my humble effort.

Btw, Nancy confirmed my subject is a Crocus, and then gave me hell for cutting it :-/.

An exceptional flower photo sir! Wonderful color and I like the fact it has a black background. Nicely done.

Todd

Hi, Dao Dang! I can't tease anyone about Lens Lust Disease, because I have a pretty bad case myself. Right now I'm drooling over the 300mm f/4 :-/.

Todd, Glad you liked the flower. It what I've been calling an FCB picture, because I used a piece of black foam core board as the background.

Latest threads

Top Bottom