Warning kid Pics and a question about Sigma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huskey8, May 7, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    It's 2:30a and I'm just too tired to make two separate posts has anybody had a good experience with this lens Sigma 135-400mm f/4.5-5.6 I would like to use it for birding also I'm not clear if you can use a multiplier with the 2x I thought I heard someone say that you couldn't. Thank you for looking and you answers
    Richard
    [​IMG]
    My son
    [​IMG]
    My daughter
    [​IMG]
    And a Friend[/img]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I haven't a clue about the lens, but your photos are great! I love the creative color on "the friend" - the third one. And the expression on your daughter's face! Oh my!!

And I finally noticed the background behind your son - what is that? These are very nice - you made them with the 28-70?

3. Kids are good but since you said "2:30A", how did you get them up and so perky at that time :?: :?: :lol:

OK, enough of that, now regarding the lens. I am not sure about the lens itself, but in general any lens will not AF above f8, and a 2x TC will yield f9 at best with this lens. The next question is will a TC fit? If you look at the Sigma Photo lens page it will show you a chart of lens/TC combos. One caveat here, I have a Sigma 120-300f2.8 and a Sigma 500 f4.5. Both will AF with my Nikon TC-14E, modified, and the 120-300 will AF with the Sigma 1.4 TC, but the Sigma 500 will not AF with the Sigma TC. Not sure why, but just something to be aware of.

4. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Chris

Thank you for the kind comments Yes these were made with the 28-70 what a great lens I just love it. Before I tell you what the background is behind Carl let me ask you do you like the why it looks ? Also let me ask you about the link you have radio blog tell me about it if you would please sir.
    Richard

5. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Bill

Thanks for your time it has given me some ideas.
    Richard :D