Was going to go buy the 70-200mm VR 2.8 Until...

Seen an add on Craiglists for a barely used 70-200mm VR so called the guy up said I like to check it out and buy it. He said sure thing, I said OK i'll go to the bank right now and meet you up later that night to buy it from you. Went to the bank got the money as I was driving back home the guy calls me and said he has sold the lens, about 1 hour after we had talk on the phone. Now I have $XXXX of cash in my pocket. I think this guy is a classic jerk.:mad:

Seen an add on Craiglists for a barely used 70-200mm VR so called the guy up said I like to check it out and buy it. He said sure thing, I said OK i'll go to the bank right now and meet you up later that night to buy it from you. Went to the bank got the money as I was driving back home the guy calls me and said he has sold the lens, about 1 hour after we had talk on the phone. Now I have $XXXX of cash in my pocket. I think this guy is a classic jerk.:mad:
Agreed... what ever happened to"my word is my bond"!!!!!!!

C

chinesestunna

That's not as bad as compared to when I took out the dough for a D200, get up early to I can complete the transaction for it across town before work and calls him half way there to confirm only to have his maid tell me "Oh sorry, he tells me to inform you it's sold".
What the hell? Also Craigslist.

Craigslist is a good place to get jacked thats for sure.

Does anyone here have a Mint Condition 70-200mm VR they like to part with?:smile:

Agreed. I run my own little store (not photography related) and I prefer to lose all the day's profit than brake my word on something. But big stores do not care so much, I guess...

D

Dave_Canada

Thats a classic scam be glad you only got a call saying it was sold and not mugged of your money most sellers on Craig and others are scam artists , they don't want to give you the product in person because its either damaged, broken or a fake ..

C

chinesestunna

Thats a classic scam be glad you only got a call saying it was sold and not mugged of your money most sellers on Craig and others are scam artists , they don't want to give you the product in person because its either damaged, broken or a fake ..
Agreed, I've done several big $ deals from Craigslist and so far all ok (knock on wood). But sometimes I can't help but think something can go wrong with people using the item at a good price as bait. I think I'll setup a buddy system with my friend next time, ie. If I don't call him back by xx:xx, he will call me, if I don't answer, he'll contact the police about the address I went to.

I've gone with my friend who has bought lots of stuff from people on craigslist, and we always end up at a mall, starbucks or other populated place. Never deal directly at someone's home. You just don't know who you can trust especially when you're wondering why they're selling stuff for so cheap.

I've had mixed experiences with craigslist myself. Just bought a set of 3 close up filters that seem to be in fine condition for $9, but then, there's also a guy regularly on there trying to trade very popular nikon lenses (17-55DX, 28-70, etc.) for boxed adobe and MS software. :confused: takes all kinds I suppose.

craigslist

I've had good luck with craigslist as has my brother, but you always must be carefull these days. I also have had no problems with ebay but I've heard of people who had. If the deal sounds to good to be true it most likely is.

You know forget it, Sick and tired of trying to save a few bucks (probably ending getting jacked again from Craigslist or eBay). Just ordered a brand new one from B&H. I heard someone told me once its usually the stingy-est man that spends the most.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom