1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Washington DC - National Zoo Shoot Get2geder - Sept.13

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by siinjen, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Anyone interested? Let's decide what dates and time we all can make it; Prefably Saturdays...:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  2. Put my name on the list!

3. Keep on coming guys...Gonna be fun once again...:biggrin:

4. Sounds like fun. If you like, try the sticky thread in the places to shoot; I created a master PM mailing list at the bottom.

5. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Well, since no one's proposed a date yet -- how about Saturday, September 13th? Let's make it early! :biggrin:

6. I like both suggestions. :smile:

7. Ok KristineB...that's good for me...Time?

8. I'll mark September 13th on the calendar. SWEET! :biggrin:

9. I might even be able to make that. What are the support restrictions at the zoo? I usually bring a monopod if I am toting a heavy tele...

10. No restrictions on monopods or tripods mentioned in the Zoo rules, and I've shot there with folks using both. Getting there early would reduce the chance of 'pod use being seen as inconsiderate by other zoo goers (and make it easier to get our shots, too :smile:) 

11. Thanks for the info Dave...was just wondering myself too:confused: 

12. Hours*
    Grounds: Open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Buildings: Open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

13. If the weather is dry, count me in. I have that Saturday off (football bye week) so I'll have some fun shooting four legged animals instead of two legged animals.

Sal and KristinB, I look forward to shooting with you again and meeting some more Cafe members.

14. JeffA....Yes no football games that weekend, but Monday night VS Cowgirls, oopsss, Cowboyyzzzsz:biggrin: Looking forward to see you too...

15. RainyDays

RainyDays

Aug 19, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I may try to make it too on the 13th. Where will we be meeting in the zoo?

My D300 has arrived and I am just getting used to it a little, having upgraded from my D80.

16. Most probably at the entrance gate...:wink:

17. I think I will be there.

18. Anyone else? Keeping on rolling guys:wink:

19. Nuts!!!! That morning I have to take my wife to the airport. Good shooting, enjoy the time, and I hope to make it next time.

20. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Norm,

You can still meet up with us after you take her to the airport -- I'll PM you my phone number so you can find us! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.