Washington, DC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mitchell, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Just returned from Washington, DC. While none of these photos are particularly great, I wanted to share some of them here.

322996788_B4tud-XL.jpg

Up close and personal
    323003389_eueDD-XL.jpg

National Archives
    323002775_LVtBF-XL.jpg

323001998_4k4hk-XL.jpg

The only, anatomically accurate statue of Washington.
    325039695_4A3Ht-XL.jpg

Suffragettes in the capital rotunda.
    325040517_DHZwA-XL.jpg

Crowded memorial
    325041169_XqkdL-L.jpg

WWII memorial
    322997277_wbNXZ-XL.jpg

View from the old post office tower.
    322997552_mwfbJ-XL.jpg

2. Very nice work Mitchell... looks like your wb is off for one half of the Washington monument! :) Just kidding... but the restoration job they did looks funny. I remember it being 1 color.

What was the vantage point for Capitol Hill in the last photo? That looks nice.

3. I think all of them shots where great, Mitch:wink:
    sal

4. The capital hill shot was taken from the tower of the old post office. It really offers nice views of the entire city. The only drawback is that the views are through a wired grate or plexiglass. This shot was taken between the wire grate.

5. All your shots are great, but I really like the 2nd one. I need to make another day trip to DC soon.

6. I enjoyed them too! I live 45 min drive from DC myself.

Love the "up close and personal" view of the Monument. What a great idea to try that!

7. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Thanks for sharing Mitch. We are actually heading that way this Sunday for a week. It has been years since I have been there so I am looking forward to getting some good shots.
    Scott

8. Have fun and post some pics. DC is truly a photographer's dream. So many opportunities. My only regrets were not having a tripod and not being in the city at night.

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are great Mitch -

I read somewhere a little while ago that these fabulous memorials were not in great shape. Do they look like they need some "tending to" at all ?

You shots are awesome. I would love to walk around that city with a camera around my neck... Nice work ?