Washington's Coast - On A Cloudy, Cool, Memorial Day ...

Real Name
Ken St John
Took some time on Sunday to visit the Washington coast with some friends. Weather was cool, cloudy and GRAY!! There was SOME color, however ...

Taken near Lake Quinault in a mini rain forest.
p677296057-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From the same area (I didn't have a tripod with me, so everything was "hand held." My DOF could have been better here ...)

p989199438-4.jpg

The Lake Quinault Lodge. we had brunch here (great!!) and it's one my list of places to stay one day. No internet access, limited phones ... and a lot of quiet!!

p644188218.jpg

We then drove down to the coastline and check out the Pacific Ocean. (And no, this is not a B&W conversion ....)

p1016168482-4.png

Some rocks near the beach (if you have a Mac you might recognize these rocks ...)

p1042582044-4.jpg

And, finally, an "experiment" getting down low ... came out nice, I think ...

p618123101-4.jpg

Hopefully, we can make it back someday when the weather is nicer ...

Cheers!!

Ken

Weather was cool, cloudy and GRAY!!

Cool, cloudy and gray on the coast of Washington state? Say it ain't so. :biggrin:

I do enjoy visiting that part of the country, but I must admit the weather keeps me from ever wanting to live up there, again. Nice to see these pictures, though! Sounds like a nice weekend!

Real Name
Ken St John
Nice Ken ....
I'm already planning on a trip to the Oregon/Washington coast next year and can't wait to photograph this beautiful area ....

ron

There are really plenty of wonderful locales. The cities are beautiful (Seattle), and the countryside is very photogenic ... especially when the sun pops out!!

Nice shots, where abouts on the coast did you go? I'm also hoping to head down there this summer.

This was north of Westport on US101. Actually, part of Olympic National Park's coastal section.

Excellent shots Ken.

Not gray, subdued. No harsh shadows. Excellent for forests, etc. sucks for BIF's.

About the only thing I did like was the rain forest ... lots of nice soft light for the plants. And it's early enough in the spring for things to be really green!

Cool, cloudy and gray on the coast of Washington state? Say it ain't so. :biggrin:

I do enjoy visiting that part of the country, but I must admit the weather keeps me from ever wanting to live up there, again. Nice to see these pictures, though! Sounds like a nice weekend!

It was nice in many ways. At the lodge, I had a order of french toast with home made blackberry compote that was incredible!!

Cheers!!

Ken

This is my 3rd winter here in Seattle. After living in Florida for 11 years or so, I can tell you this place HAS to have the WORST weather of the entire country.

This is my 3rd winter here in Seattle. After living in Florida for 11 years or so, I can tell you this place HAS to have the WORST weather of the entire country.
Well, possibly. Would not trade it for the winters in the east, storms in the midwest, or hurricanes in the south.

Having said that, a 7.0 in 2001, hurricane touched down a few miles from my house last year, and sunny hot weather is only 60 miles east.

I do get tired of the RAIN however, seemingly all year long.

Latest threads

Top Bottom