Wasp and hover fly

It's really amazing to discover so many new subjects, using my "new" eye - the Macro lens.

1) Ocyptamus fascipennis - Hover Fly
50185473046_cdb8f4f578_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) WASP
50193180122_c0d4dfd745_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
It's really amazing to discover so many new subjects, using my "new" eye - the Macro lens.

1) Anyone recognize this guy? He's approx. 0.5 inch long.

2) WASP
Nice pair of images. Your unknown has only one pair of wings, those little yellow halteres and distinctive antennae. That makes it a fly. You can likely get a species by submitting it to Bugguide.net or iNaturalist.org

Nice pair of images. Your unknown has only one pair of wings, those little yellow halteres and distinctive antennae. That makes it a fly. You can likely get a species by submitting it to Bugguide.net or iNaturalist.org

Thank you, and thank you Larry. I'll give that a try. :)

Edit: I've created an account on BugGuide.net and submitted my image. That's great resource. I'm sure that given time to learn the site layout, one could reasonably easily answer most of their own questions.

Last edited:
Thank you, and thank you Larry. I'll give that a try. :)

Edit: I've created an account on BugGuide.net and submitted my image. That's great resource. I'm sure that given time to learn the site layout, one could reasonably easily answer most of their own questions.
I see that it's been identified already. Bugguide can be fast for common things or take a couple of years for less common insects

Latest threads

Top Bottom