Wasp, bee, butterfly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Have attempted to apply recommendations from Frank and suggestions from Martin re sharpening techniques. Is there any improvement here :? ? Please don't hold back, I really do need the input.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any input. Signing off for awhile.
    J. Snider

2. I like the sharpness on macro images and tend not to agree with Frank's previous comments. Perhaps just a touch of contrast would make the image brighter and give a "sense" of sharpness to the image. These are good but not as well done as the one's you had posted earlierd (IMHO).

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I have to disagree with Gordon on these (respectfully of course, as he is my elder by a year or two ;-)). I think that you have the sharpness perfect. As I stated in my earlier posts though, it is a matter of taste. To me, these look more like what I see when I look through the viewfinder.

4. Just a question Jerry, these appear to have more contrast than the images I saw earlier today. Did you re-process them? Now I do agree with Frank, my junior, these images look super. :D

5. Awesome Jerry. Looks like I'll be lusting over one of those 200mm Micro's.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Will wonders never cease?? :lol:

They are great shots. ;-)

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Frank and Gordon,
    No, I did not change any of the images--weird. In fact, I can't view them on this site at the moment so don't know what you folks are referring to re the images.
    Others, thanks for the comments.
    J. Snider

8. Well perhaps I should let my CRT monitor warm up before I view images. :D :D