Wasp, Bee, Wasp

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by NateS, Jul 28, 2008.

1. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    As the title says...., and these were the only "keepers" out of about 40 photos. I'm kind of in a slump lately and hoping the tripod, remote release and extension tubes that I'm ordering will help me get sharper shots.

2008-07-27_1web.jpg

2008-07-28_7web.jpg

2008-07-28_19web.jpg

2. Wasp, wasp is correct, but the bee is a hover fly :smile: - Milesia virginiensis (Yellow jacket hover fly).

Cheers

3. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks Harry for the correction. I wasn't sure that it was a bee though it looked like a hard shelled bee of somesort. Really strange (and cool) looking. I think I'm going to start researching what the bugs are that I'm photographing. It's quite intriguing how different some bugs from the same genre can be like the two wasps above.

4. very nice shots
    i particularly like #2
    though, i think you could get much more out of this image with some post-processing

i'd be happy to give it a shot, but only with your prior permission

5. well.....
    maybe i'll post it here since nate might not check this thread again
    if you mind, nate.... i'll remove it immediately:

[​IMG]

6. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Didn't see this reply until now, but yeah, the edit you did....that's what it looked like on my home (new) flat screen when I was done editing it. It was so bright that my images were coming out darker on normal screens. I've sense gotten it adjusted fairly close to try and combat the problem. I see a monitor calibration tool in my future thought :)