watch out for the beans and slaw?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    "Photographer apparently attacked with baked beans by Hugh Grant" (Apparently also aledgedly abused and kicked before being aledgedly "beaned".

Be careful out there, the beans could be hot!

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3082002

Ian Whittaker was the photographer.

2. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    Darn good thing they were not still in the can!

What's next? Random fruitings?

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    It reminds me of a line from a favorite old B&W film: "Quiet dignity and grace."

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I see a spagetti attack as immenent. just because it would look so cool draped over the hair hanging down, unlike beans which just sort of go splat.

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I think I hear John Belushi yelling "Food Fight!!"

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    All kidding aside, the photographer either made him pretty mad, or Grant just reached boiling point at this point in time. I'm sure these celebs get tired of being hounded. Someday, maybe I can ask Johnny Knoxville what it's like, if I ever get to chat with him while he's visiting his folks.

7. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    Seriously - a good friend of mine's best friend/old high school buddy is someone that I would consider to be quite famous. I don't think he has the opportunity to take one step in his life without someone sticking a microphone or a lens in his face. Could you imagine not being able to go to the grocery, stop for a coffee, fill up the tank of your car without someone bothering you?

When I talked to him about it once, he said at first it bothered him, understandingly most folks just wanted his autograph or wanted their picture taken with him or just to have a photo of him. He took it all in stride as he understood that with his fame/popularity came great responsibility to maintain the acceptable public image. But there is always that one person that catches you off guard, or says that one thing to hit a nerve that just sets you off. I know he has had that problem on a few occasions as he made the press by taking a swing at a photographer or two or telling someone off. It REALLY isn't his personality, its the price he has paid for the "job" he does.

On a good note - he moved away from the limelight area back to the town he grew up in, his blood pressure went down. Everyone just waved to him like they did any other time he was growing up, he could even mow his own lawn!

What I have had the opportunity to take away from my very valued conversations with him is - when you treat others with respect, they will respect you back, and perhaps even feed you something exclusive that no other person (or photographer) has access to.

Maybe if you offered the hot plate of beans to him first, he would invite you in for a beer to go with them ;)

8. I am a passive aggresive kinda guy. I would eat the beans and the cabbage (coleslaw) and wait for biological-physiological results....:219:

9. Oh my.......:eek:

10. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Bourbon and beans - an explosive combination.

11. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    LOL, funny stuff.